“Satark Punekar” Traffic Violation Report is an android based application for smart phones. This app allows citizens to capture and report traffic violations and send the report to Traffic Control Room of Pune Traffic Police for further action.
The mobile app has a field named “description” which is mandatory to be filled by the user before sending the report. Users should ensure that this description field has correct and complete information captured before clicking on “Send” button. The mobile app automatically captures the current location of the camera along with time and date. All this information along with the photo is uploaded to the server, which is alerted in the Traffic Control Room where appropriate action (such as issuing eChallan) may be taken.
Steps To Install:-
- Before installing application, please enable the GPS / Location Setting on your phone.
- Install the android application with name “Satark Punekar”
- After installing the application, one time user registration window will be shown.
- Enter the mobile number
- Enter full name
- Enter the Aadhaar number (Optional)
- Select the gender
- Click on Register button
- After one time registration, you will see the home screen of an application.
- On home screen, you will see the registered mobile number, full name, directions according to location i.e. Latitude & Longitude.
How to Use:-
- The user profile button will show user’s information.
- The alert history button will show information about previous incident/s sent by the user.
- The user has to write information about the incident in the “Describe incident” text box which will help police to get information about the incident.
- Using “Take Photo” button, the user will be able to capture the image of an incident. By clicking on “Send” button, the user can send the captured photo to Traffic Control Room as an investigation proof after accepting “Disclaimer”.
- Based on user’s current location which is received along with the video or image, police can also locate the information sender as well as the place where the incident has taken place.
- While reporting an traffic violation, please ensure
a. To mention description of the traffic violation
b. The image captured for the violation is clear and sharp
c. The vehicle registration number of the offender is clearly visible in the image